Friday 3 February 2012

Fabulous scarf for a fabulous friend



Finished a birthday gift for a friend last night - only 9 months late! I really don't have any excuse, these types of scarves knit up stupid fast. I was just intimidated by this particular type of mesh, which is a fair bit finer than what I normally use (Katia Triana). Turned out not to be a terrible experience once I got the right needle size and tweaked the pattern. Don't think I'm going to make another anytime soon though.

In my excitement to give the scare to my very patient friend, I totally forgot to take a picture for this post. Silly me, not looking out for good blog opportunities 24/7.

Leftover yarn to the rescue!

Made a quick scale-model scarf this morning, worn by the surprisingly tolerant Nicnic.



Yarn: Estelle Frill Seeker
Colourway: 701 (such uncreative nomenclature)
Pattern: I started with the free pattern recommended by Estelle, but found it too dense. After some Ravelry-browsing  and examining a similar scarf my grandmother has, I modified the pattern to 7 knit stitches across instead of 9, and increased the distance between each stitch to 2-ish-inches. (The model scarf pictured is only 3 stitches across). This makes it more flowing and frillier.


3 comments:

  1. Ooo very nice! I hope your friend likes theirs as much as I like mine. :) Bunicula looks really charming in that scarf! Did she try to eat it afterward?

    You might want to give a link to the original pattern, in case someone is interested in trying it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link added - thanks for the advice!

    Nicnic did not try to eat the scarf - she kept running towards the camera thinking I had treats for her (she was compensated for her modelling time with a small handful of apple treats).

    ReplyDelete